Breanne Kruger joins the CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate support staff as the new Controller. Before joining the real estate industry, Breanne was a Tax/Audit manager for a local CPA firm in West Des Moines. We got to know Breanne a little bit better…
Where are you from?
Lakeville, MN originally, but my family moved to Pleasant Hill in 2001 when I was a sophomore in high school due to my dad’s job transfer.
Where’d you go to school?
Southeast Polk for high school and Iowa State University for both my undergrad and masters degree.
What are your hobbies?
- Hanging out with my husband John and kiddos Ashton and Aubrey.
- Golfing (when I can) with either John or my best friend Jenny.
- Playing Just Dance Remix on the wii with my neighbor Emily, while our husbands are hunting. 🙂
What are you passionate about?
- My husband and my children. They are my favorite part of life.
- Investing in and watching people grow. My last position I had a lot of opportunity to mentor and develop new college grads through their professional career. That part of my job was very fulfilling.
- My profession, I thrive off of using my knowledge in financial literacy and tax law, as well as my problem solving skills to create opportunities to make others ideas and vision happen. Quite thrilling really 😉
Favorite thing(s) to do in DSM or Ames?
- Golfing at area courses
- Swimming at Cascade Falls with my kids in the summer
Favorite place to visit in DSM or Ames?
- Ohanas for a dinner out
- Hilton Colosseum for cyclone bball
- At Home store in Clive. (That place is amazing!!)
Favorite Neighborhood/Area is DSM or Ames?
- My neighborhood, Pleasant Grove in Bondurant. We won the neighbor lottery for sure, they are some of our best friends.
How would your friends describe you?
John said caring, funny and smart. Jenny would say a nerdy goof. My old co-workers would probably say hardworking and a goof.
We did have a boxer, Paisley, for 12 years but she passed away in 2014.
What is your favorite part about your job here at C21?
Two parts 🙂
- I feel my experience brings me to the table with a lot of knowledge about small business and the real estate industry. I have a lot of ideas for change that would improve efficiency and accuracy of the financial reporting for C21 and a lot of analytical skills and tax knowledge to help guide the best future for this growing company.
- Everyone seems very nice so far and I like the team culture that appears to exist. I’ve worked with A LOT of small businesses (large ones too) in the Greater Des Moines Area and don’t think I’ve ever met two owners that seem to care as much about people as (my first impressions of) Joe and Dylan.
What do you enjoy doing as a family? (Vacation spots, activities, etc.)
Married to my highschool sweetheart, John, for 11 years this December. We have two kids, Ashton (3) and Aubrey (1). We live in Bondurant with my entire crazy, but awesome in-law family. In total, there are 30 of us that live within 5 miles of each other. Holidays are fun. 🙂
We are somewhat homebodies and enjoy spending time as a family on our deck and in our back yard playing on the swing set. We go on walks a lot and spend a lot of time hanging out with our neighbors. Friday nights usually involve all the kids running wild in the basement (ha) and the adults playing cards.
We go on a vacation every year, but to different spots. Places we’ve been in recent years include Table Rock Lake, Wisconsin Dells, And Myrtle Beach.
Funny or odd fact(s) about yourself.
I sit in my bathroom sink to put my makeup on in the morning. It’s just good lighting and comfortable there, ha.
I intentionally name my kids so they’d have the same initials, for the sole reason that when they turn 16 I want to get them personalized license plates that say AMK1 and AMK2. I hope they are cool with this when the time comes, lol.
I really, really like Christmas and usually decorate and start listening to Christmas music on November 1st! JMy friend Jenny comes over every year that first weekend in November for a full day of decorating. What a good friend.
Movie – The Notebook
Book – The Bible
I don’t know if this is a quote, but I like the saying – “keep it simple” 🙂
Welcome to the team, Breanne!