The Managing Broker helps our agents defy mediocrity and deliver extraordinary experiences to our buyer and seller clients by continually raising the bar in professional excellence and ensuring an unrivaled level of transaction support to our agents.
The Managing Broker is “obsessed” with:
1. Our Agents’ Sales Goals.
We help agents “Build Better Businesses”, and the Managing Broker works alongside our robust support team to ensure that our agents get the world-class support they need to reach their goals.
Always Asks: “How can we help our agents achieve their goals?“
2. Our Buyer and Seller Client Experience.
We are committed to serving each and every client as if they were our only one. The Managing Broker helps guide our agents to build “relational” businesses through our “Brilliant Basics” foundation, placing the client’s needs and experiences ahead of the sale.
Always Asks: “How can we improve our (buyer/seller) client’s experience?”
Who Will You Work With?
Our company is committed to partnering with team members who believe that “all opportunity lies on the other side of value creation”, and to helping our employees love their roles as they spend more of their time in their “Unique Ability” (the space where they gain energy, love to learn, have superior skill, and are passionate). The Managing Broker works closely in collaboration with other team members to accomplish our collective goals.
The Managing Broker partners with local Office/Transaction Brokers to ensure local broker support for daily transactions, contract negotiations, client support issues, and to ensure our agents always have a broker to turn to when they need guidance. The Managing Broker also works with our office brokers to host valuable, relevant, and fun weekly team meetings in all markets to continually guide our agents to “defy mediocrity and deliver extraordinary experiences”.
The Managing Broker partners with our Operations Director and transaction support team to ensure our agents have access to an unrivaled transaction support system through our Agent Services Coordinators, Transaction Coordinators, Relocation Team, and Agent Accounting Team. The Managing Broker and Operations Director work to “always elevate” our value proposition by helping our agents serve more clients…better.
Agent Development Director
The Managing Broker partners with the Agent Development Director to provide world-class education, business planning, and ongoing coaching to our agents. The Managing Broker helps curate relevant “market of the moment” content and data to keep our agents ahead of the pack with market and client content that inspires our agents to build better businesses.
The Managing Broker partners with the Director of Growth by opening doors to like-minded agents in our marketplace who would benefit from our unique value proposition. Our team is not for everyone and we select who we partner with carefully. The Managing Broker helps facilitate our “recruit by referral” strategy by being connected at the MLS level and encouraging our agents to invite the best of the best to join our team.
What Does Success Looks Like?
Success for the Managing Broker is measured by the following metrics and outcomes:
- Increase in sales revenue (GCI) and transaction sides.
- Retention of agents.
- Increase of per person productivity.
- Increased transfer agent recruiting.
- Increase quality service results and awards.
- Reinforcement of culture, collaboration, connection, and care.
- Reinforcement of “Brilliant Basics” in our agents’ sales processes.
- Uphold our core values in sales.
What Are Your Roles & Responsibilites?
The Managing Broker is responsible for the following ongoing (day-to-day) duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and collaborate with Office Brokers to facilitate world class local team meetings.
- Actively engage top agents to develop relationships and encourage feedback loops for continual improvement and growth.
- Increase retention by always looking for ways to serve our agents and reinforce a culture of collaboration, connection, and care.
- Problem-solve “elevated” transaction issues requiring broker support:
- Errors & omissions insurance claims
- Trust account releases requiring broker review
- Earnest money disputes on failed sales
- Broker to broker disputes and relations
- Transaction dispute resolution (client and agent)
- Recruit “like-minded” agents to join our team by facilitating “recruiting-by-referral.”
- Stay ahead of industry trends, tech, tools, and market conditions and work with our education and marketing team to curate great content to help our agents always be elevating.
- Oversee local MLS and NAR/IAR relationships, and guide our agents to operate within our sales policies and procedures, the NAR Code of Ethics, the Real Estate Commissions rules, and our local MLS policies.
- Assist our team in the ongoing development of sales processes, forms, and procedures to enhance our transaction management service and client experience.
Involvement and Attendance at:
- Weekly team meetings
- Monthly broker meetings
- Weekly “check-ins” with Office Brokers
- Weekly “Level 10” leadership meetings
- Quarterly and annual EOS Leadership planning meetings
- MLS Meetings
- MLS Board Involvement
- Annual C21 leadership retreat
- Annual ONE21 Century 21 conference
- Minimum 7+ years real estate sales or broker experience, including 3 years of management experience.
- High level of technical proficiency in real estate contract knowledge
- A “servant leader” with a passion to help others achieve their goals.
- High commitment to confidentiality, integrity, professionalism, good judgement, and able to remain composed under pressure
- A strong communicator and listener, equipped to help guide our agents toward win-win outcomes with empathy and conviction.
- A relationship builder willing to help foster and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with other brokerages.
- “Obsessed with better”, always learning, and excited to collaborate with a dynamic team of others sharing these commitments.
- Based out of our Ankeny and/or Urbandale locations, with travel and presence at all of our 6 office locations from time to time.
Position is an executive leadership role within the organization and will report to Dylan de Bruin, Owner and COO. Salary commensurate with experience and expertise. Employment at Century 21 Signature Real Estate constitutes “at-will” employment. The right candidate’s offer of employment will be subject to a background check.